Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Off to a Pentagon City!!!!

On Monday, I really enjoyed the lecture about American Diplomacy which was led by Dr. Marie Hallion. Her lecture was very valuable since we were able to learn it through understanding the basis of American history. The story back into the colonial times to what we are now through revolutions and cold wars was very interesting. We even got a nice pack of folder filled with a brochure and Mount Vernon stamp card. I wish I could ask her more questions :( Best of all, her smile was very lovely :) * :)

Later in the afternoon, we went to a huge shopping mall in Pentagon City connected to a metro station. The mall was gigantic that I cannot see shops one by one. For dinner, I ate a cinnamon pretzel of the Auntie Anne’s (my favorite). The taste reminded me of my days in California!! It was really really tasty!!!! Also I bought souvenirs for my family and friends at the Bath and Body Works (also my favorite). Then I went to Candy Factory to buy some chocolates and candies speaking English with my friend. I bet it is true for everyone for those of us who loves shopping that time goes by really quick and spur of the moment while we enjoy shopping. I had a good night sleep zzz….

3 comments:

Berta said...

Hi Kana N.,
The lecture on American History and culture does seem very interesting. I also like when the speaker gives a nice open smile. It makes me feel taken into account during the presentation.
I see you have spent your time quite well and have already bought some presents for family and friends. Excellent shopping strategy.
I am sure you will write more about you Maryland adventures and hope to read about them next time I visit your blog.
Regards,
Berta

Nina Liakos said...

We were really lucky to have Dr. Hallion as a guest speaker, and it has been wonderful to spend some time with her outside of the class (on Saturday in Alexandria, on Friday at the cookout)!

It sounds like you had a successful shopping trip yesterday!

Hiromi said...

Hello, Kana!
The lecture about American Diplomacy sounds very interesting and helpful to me because it'll definitely help me understand the history of the US.

Also, it's nice of you to buy some souvenirs for your friends and family! I also like the Bath and Body Works because their products are not only cheap but also great to use. ^^